SEDNET is a Multiagency Network for Students with Emotional/Behavioral Disabilities that is funded through a discretionary grant. SEDNET creates and facilitates a network of key stakeholders committed to assisting in the provision of a quality system of care for students with or at-risk of emotional and/or behavioral challenges in Broward County. SEDNET works with community providers and assists in connection to resources in home and community. SEDNET was established in 1987 in Broward County. SEDNET exists statewide.
For more information regarding SEDNET statewide go to: http://www.sednetfl.info
- Connection to Community Behavioral Health Providers who offer individual, family and psychiatric services for students and families in the community. (click website link below and select behavioral health providers to see these providers)
- Chairs the Behavioral Health Partnership. These providers can provide behavioral/mental health services on campus for students upon school request or family request. This is different from Counseling as a Related Service. Monthly meetings occur every second Thursday of the month and is open to any administrator who would like to attend.
- Assists in areas of mental health related to Trauma Informed Care and Suicide Prevention.
- Offers On Call support until 5 pm for all schools for suicide prevention. Oversight of Suicide Prevention database.
- Offers training to school staff or families in array of mental health areas (suicide, trauma, depression). Available nights for parent trainings.
- Offers Suicide prevention trainings to Middle School Peer Counseling Students and High School students in H.O.P.E. classes. To have trainings at your School, please send email to coordinator.
- Provides Case Management services for students who are Baker Acted and receive a referral from the hospital as related to academics.
- Provides support in relation to Baker Acts that have occurred on campus. Oversight of database.
- Supervises ESE Family Counselors who provide Counseling as a Related Service on the IEP.
- Supervises ESE Family Counselors who are providing support in the Secondary Support Model.
- Contract Manager for Agreements for Community Providers who have residential facilities in Broward County.
- Disseminates information about resources and events in the community that impact students and families.
- Facilitates Monthly SEDNET meeting occurs the Fourth Thursday of each month at 12 noon. This is where community leaders meet and collaborate on school and community impacts as related to mental health. This is an open meeting and any family or administrator is invited to attend. Email for more information.