Florida Law gives all high school students the right to choose one of the 2 diploma options:
• 4-year (24 credit) standard high school diploma
ACCEL Program (18 credits minimum)
If a student does not make a choice, the 4-year option will be selected for that student.
Each year the Florida legislature reviews the graduation requirements for entering freshmen. The Requirements apply to only those 9th graders who enter high school. in the year the requirements are established. For the classes of 2014-2017, lick on the link below and track YOUR requirements for graduation.
REQUIREMENTS of NOTE:
For those seniors who entered 9th grade in 2009-2010, this is the last year for FCAT math as a testing requirement. Future graduating classes are required to pass end-of-course exams.
- Entering 9th grade in 2010-2011 Algebra EOC 30% Must take Geometry
- Entering 9th grade in 2011-2012 Algebra EOC P/F Geometry EOC 30%
- Entering 9th grade in 2012-2013 Algebra EOC P/F
- All students enrolled in high school as of the 2012 - 2013 school year who earned a passing grade in Geometry before the 2013 - 2014 school year shall be awarded a credit in that course if the student passed the course. The student's performance on the EOC assessment is not equired to constitue 30% of the student's final course grade.
- Entering 9th grade in 2011-2012 Biology EOC 30%
- All students enrolled in high school as of the 2012 - 2013 school year who earned a passing grade in Biology before the 2013 - 2014 school year shall be awarded a credit in that course if the student passed the course. The student's performance on the EOC assessment is not equired to constitue 30% of the student's final course grade.
Current 11th and future 11th graders U.S. History EOC 30% (not required for AP History)
Take and pass on online class (9th graders entering in 2011-2012 and beyond) Click here for more information on Virtual Courses.
Entering 9th grade in 2012-2013, computer competency is no longer a requirement.
HOPE (Health Opportunities with the Integration of Physical Education)
HOPE is a one-credit requirement that can be satisfied as a course or through 2 years of ROTC. The physical education component of HOPE can be satisfied through 2 years of participating in Marching Band but Marching Band will not satisfy the personal fitness nor the health component of HOPE.
2 years of participation in ROTC will satisfy the HOPE requirement as well as the Performing Arts requirement.
Graduation Date / Commencement: The graduation dates for Broward County schools are announced late December/early January. We post the information on the website and Daily Announcements when it is available. Access STUDENT LIFE and your child's graduating class for the most updated information.
Click here for Detailed SBBC graduation information