Welcome to Broward County Public Schools’ Employee & Labor Relations Department website.
Employee & Labor Relations is committed to providing the highest standard of excellence and cooperation between employees, labor, and management with the goal of ultimately providing all students with the most productive learning environment.
Our objective is to provide Principals/Administration with the basic knowledge, tools, and resources to prevent disputes, handle conflicts and avoid grievances.
The Employee & Labor Relations Department is responsible for:
- Implementing and administering negotiated collective bargaining agreements
- Monitoring state and federal laws pertaining to education and labor relations
- Processing grievances (from Level 2 through Arbitration) and assisting with contract interpretation administration
- Coordinating the Sick Leave Bank Program
There are seven (7) collective bargaining agreements and three (3) meet & confer groups that include:
1. Broward Teachers Union (BTU)
- Teachers (BTU-EP)
- Education Support Professionals (BTU-ESP)
- Technical Support Professionals (BTU-TSP)
2. Federation of Public Employees (FOPE)
- FOPE 4: Facilities, Maintenance, Security Specialists/Campus Monitors and Transportation
- Food Service
3. Broward County Police Benevolent Association, Inc. (PBA)
4. Educational Support & Management Association of Broward, Inc. (ESMAB)
5. Broward Principals & Assistants Association (BPAA)
6. Confidential Office Personnel Association (COPA)
Employee & Labor Relations600 SE 3rd Ave
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301
Tel: (754) 321-2140
Fax: (754) 321-2141Dorothy DavisDirectorTel: (754) 321-2140Linda GonzalezDirectorTel: (754) 321-2140