I am very pleased to welcome you to Apollo Middle School for the 2017-2018 school year. Last year, we “Unleashed our Inner Superhero” by earning high scores and winning competitions. Yes, our students and teachers did just that. Our award-winning year includes:
- 2016-17 ~ 1st Place, Broward County Broward County Science, Engineering, Communication Mathematics and Enrichment (SECME) Winner
- 2016-17 ~ 1st Place, State of Florida BPA (Business Professional of America) Winner
- 2016-17 ~ 2nd Place, Broward County SeaPerch Winner
- 2016-17 ~ National Magnet School of Distinction Award from Magnet Schools of America
- 2017-18 ~ Vex Robotic Grant Recipient
In addition, we are very proud of our students’ academic performance. A few more highlights from the 2016-17 school year inlcude:
- 89% of our Algebra students passed the High School Algebra End of Course (EOC) exam.
- 96% of our Geometry students passed the High School Geometry EOC exam.
- 62% of our 8th-grade students head to high school with "High School Credits."
- 93% of our Information Communication Technology (ICT) Multi-Media students were certified.
Apollo also offers 28 Extra-curricular Clubs and Teams, several Before- and After-School progams, and After-School Tutoring.
I know this will be another year of great accomplishments. I look forward to a STEM-tastic year as we set sail towards excellence. As always, thank you for the privilege of educating your child.
Shawn Aycock, Principal