Library Learning Commons
Library Media Specialist
Our Library Learning Commons is at the heart of Westglades. Ms. Stratos helps students and faculty find the books they want to read, promotes the FINDS research process model, empowers students to use the county provided databases and encourages the use of technology.
Find or Check out books using
Reading Across Broward Log Write down all the books you read from April 1, 2015 - April 1 2016 - use this log sheet and try to read a variety of genres.
Check out ebooks online on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
Once you've entered the login and password it will ask for your student id/library card.
For students - enter: 10 digit student number
for teachers - enter: teacher
for parents - enter : parent
Library Learning Commons Procedures
- Remember your student ID, it helps us speed up the checkout process.
- Take good care of our books.
- Return books on time. Books may be checked out for two weeks and may be renewed two times.
- 3 books may be checked out at a time.
- Early Bird is Monday-Wednesday 8:45 -9:10. Students must come to our Library Learning Commons with a purpose.
If you love to read and help children then volunteering in the Library Learning Commons is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- assist with book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact Ms. Stratos Library Media Specialist.
Book Donation Policy
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be donated to book drives at charitable organizations like the Harvest Drive and libraries that need books. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest in maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.