How to Register My Child for School
2017 - 2018 School Year
5 years old on or before September 1, 2017
shall be eligible for admission any time during the school year.
6 years old on or before September 1, 2017
shall be eligible for admission if child has been enrolled in a public school or has satisfactorily completed kindergarten in a nonpublic school.
ITEMS NEEDED AT TIME OF REGISTRATION
- An original birth certificate or other original proof of age.
- Two original proofs of residence. (See below)
- Cellular telephone bill or bank statement. Name and address must be on both proofs.
- Proof of a medical examination (HRS 3040 form) which has been performed within a twelve month period prior to school registration.
- A Florida Certificate of Immunization (HRS 680 form) which includes:
a) Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (5)
b) Polio (4)
c) Measles (2), Mumps and Rubella (1 each)
d) Hepatitis B (3)*
e) Varicella (2)
- Withdrawal papers and last report card must be presented (Not required for Kindergarten).
THERE IS NO GRACE PERIOD FOR MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS.
NO STUDENT WILL BE ADMITTED TO SCHOOL WITHOUT PROOF OF A MEDICAL EXAMINATION & A FLORIDA CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION THAT SPECIFICALLY SHOWS ALL DATES OF VACCINATIONS.
ADDITIONAL HEALTH INFORMATION
If a student needs to have medication administered during the school day, the school must have a Medication Authorization Form explaining treatment plan on file completed and signed by a licensed physician and also sign by the parent.
Medications are to be administered by the school principal or his/her designee at the front office.
Acceptable proofs of address for School Year 2017 - 2018
Submit current proofs of residence from the table below, based upon your type of residence
If you OWN or RENT your residence:
Submit one document from both Columns A and B
If you SHARE the housing of another person who owns/rents the home:
- Both the registering parent and owner/renter of the residence complete a notarized Affidavit of Shared Residence Form; and,
- The owner/renter of the residence must submit one document from both Columns A and B; and,
- The registering parent must submit two documents from Column B.
If you answer “yes” to certain residency questions on the Student Registration Form you may qualify for the
HOMELESS Education Program (HEP) under the McKinney-Vento Act.
- The school will provide a referral to the district’s Homeless Education Liaison and, if qualified,
- the student will be eligible for immediate services.
- Students registered under the McKinney-Vento Act must re-enroll each school year.
All documents must be current, valid, and include the residential address used for enrollment.
Column A Column B
Property tax bill Utility bill (i.e., electric, water, waste)
Homestead exemption card Telephone or cellular phone bill
Deed Verification of Tenancy letter from the homeowners or
Mortgage statement condominium association
Home purchase contract Declaration of Domicile Form from the County Records Department
Notarized lease agreement Florida driver's license
Florida identification card
Credit card statement
Two consecutive bank account statements
U.S. Postal Service confirmation of address change request